Saturday, January 19, 2008

Once again a Manifesto of Intentions...

It is entirely possible that I'm addicted to blog creation. This being my forth and final (maybe) one, and I really felt that I needed to get in on the collaborative concept, so this is my entry into the collaborative world of blog-o-mania (insert audio for evil laugh here). Okay, enough with the funny stuff, let's get to it and fix up the rubber diaper, maybe throw in a beer.
A litcritblog felt like the kind of collaborative effort that all my friends could get into, so that's what we're gonna do here. As we start off we'll just review whatever books we've read recently or are reading , and they will probably range from as polished and formal reviews from Jhazz to wild kinetic nonsense from Vampire Folklore, which I think will be interesting comparative stuff. Ultimately, we're gonna start getting together on book readings and start cross reviewing the same book, but it'll take us a while to get synced up on that, so to start with it'll all just be reviews of whatever whoever's been reading has read and wants to review. Man is it hard to try and speak for a group without using the word we, which I was trying to avoid since I can't totally speak for all of my compadres. I've discussed the project with a few people, but we'll see if it comes together in any serious way. I'm distinctly hopeful.
And so to all you out there who are saying to yrselves, "Man, do I want to be a part of this". Well, it's understandable that you'd want to hitch yr star to this wagon, and I'm all for it. I would've done an open-invite thing, but I just wasn't up for the whole moderation process, so if you want to get into the act, send an e-mail to Alfred, and as long as you sound somewhat sincere...hey, that's enough for me. Al may be more picky, but since he agreed to get set up and sort through an e-mail bin for requests, he's the guy you gotta go through to get into the game. I'm quite sure you'll all be falling all over yrselves to get in on this, but just try to keep cool.
Anyway, I'll let everybody introduce themselves, and then we'll get started with the whole raving about the books that we love because that's were this whole thing is probably heading. I want to start our collective review with Richard Wright's Black Boy, but we haven't all agreed on a book yet, so wait and see...

No comments: